Friday, February 10, 2012

Newbie

Ok, no pressure, I suppose. After all, it's just a blog, right? If people are going to judge what I'm writing, then they don't need to read it, right? I'm new to blogging, and I'm just giving it a test run here.

Russia. Wow. You know, I'm going there! May 22nd! It'll be my very first time out of the country, and I'M SO EXCITED!!! I'll be joining a group from southeast Nebraska, and we'll be doing work in orphanages, hospitals, and, if we're able to get in, prisons. It's going to be such an amazing experience! My boyfriend and one of my best friends has gone on this very trip the past two years, and they loved it and have been encouraging me to go. By the grace of God, it's becoming more and more possible! I must thank my pastor and home congregation for their support. I could never ask for a better support group than what I've been given!

As far as preparations go, I have my passport! (The photo is ugly as sin... Wish we were allowed to smile for those things...) My church, Trinity Lutheran of Friedensau, held a free-will potluck for me and was extremely generous in their donations! I am so grateful for all of them! Their prayers and monetary support will definitely be strong contributing factors as I leave for my first mission trip.

I sent out letters to Lutheran Women's Missionary Leagues that are in my church's area to request their support, and am now waiting on their responses. Please keep this in your prayers! The trip will cost a total of $3,500, and I know that God will provide if it be His will that this trip happens for me. At this point, with a passport in hand, I really hope it's His will! ;)

Alright! Blog 1: Success!

Blessings on all that you do!

1 comment:

  1. Miss Stephanie, I am so excited for you as you begin this adventure: in mission work and blogging! :) I've done both and loved both. I spent most of my second semester of my senior year of high school in Indonesia with my grandparents, so I know what it's like to anticipate going overseas! I will definitely be praying for you as you continue fundraising and as you prepare for your journey. God's blessings, dear! :)

    ReplyDelete