Friday, March 16, 2012

Meetings and Donations and Journals and Such

Well, as of this past Sunday, the 11th, this trip is seeming more and more plausible! (Good thing, since I have my passport and my trip is about a third of the way paid for!) At any rate, we learned more about the flight, the trip plans, the people we're traveling with, etc. Things are looking great!

On the 25th, we've got another fundraiser planned! It involves Pastor Reehl, the leader, coming to my church and the church that my pastor also serves. He'll be the guest preacher, and then my mom and I will be "catering" a meal for the Lutheran Laymen's League gathering that afternoon. So, here's hoping that this fundraiser goes great! It will be added to the generous gift that was left in our church mailbox.

Something else that's exciting, at least to me, is that I bought a journal for the trip today! I won't be able to take my computer with me, mostly because taking a computer that far across seas just doesn't seem like a great idea, but also because of the charging options in Russia. The voltage over there is 220, and if my charger isn't ready to hold that kind of voltage, then my computer becomes about as useful as firewood. All that being said, the technology will stay at home, and I'll be recording my travels in my new journal so that I can post them to this here blog when I return!

As far as Russia, that's all I have to say. James and I are at my dad's for Spring Break this week, and it's slowly coming to an end. We've had plenty of wonderful adventures, including some exploring of downtown Des Moines, going swimming, taking my cousin's son to the Science Center, some shopping, and we're going to finish off with a bike ride with my dad and stepmom. So it's been a great week!

Constantly planning for this Russia trip, heading out from Omaha on May 22nd! Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers!

Blessings on all that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment