Tuesday, May 21, 2013

6 Days

6 days!!

One week from today, we will be landing in Riga, Lativa at 1:30ish PM. From there, we will go to stay with our driver, Juris, and his family at their GORGEOUS lake house. It's such a beautiful place; I'm really looking forward to going back to the house, and to his wife's cooking - wonderful food. Absolutely wonderful.

Today, in preparation, I need to start packing. I will leave Seward on Friday, after work, and drive to Des Moines so that I can stay with my dad, see my cousins, and go some friends' graduation party. Monday morning, we'll be getting up BRIGHT and early (not my favorite time of the day, but it's going to be completely worth it,) so that we can get to the Omaha airport by 8:30. Two hours gives us enough time to go through all the paperwork, customs, security, etc. before we board.

Side note here: I am blessed by the people I'm surrounded by, and one of them is my dad. He used to be a pastor, and therefore, has some of the best people skills, is very calming, and he appreciates our mission for what God is sending us out to do. Last year, he prayed over the group before we boarded the plane - probably the best send off I could have asked for. This year, my leader asked if he would pray for us again, and I'm so excited that he'll be my final blessing before we board the plane. What a great way to start the trip!

That all being said, there's a lot to do before I take off on Friday - just three days away!! Whoosta!! And I'm keeping busy in between, catching up with friends, trying to stay active, keeping my apartment clean, and everything else. Such is the life of a college student, I suppose! And I'm loving every second of it!

Hopefully, later, I can put up some pictures of the packed suitcase... We'll see just how well I do.

Blessings on all that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment